I’m definitely more of a savory girl when it comes to breakfast. Give me all of the eggs, bacon, potatoes; you name it. When it comes to bringing breakfast on the go, it definitely can be easier to throw in a yogurt or a bar. I do this more often than I’d like to, which is why I created these delicious, Paleo egg muffins with a hint of “cheesiness”!
The hidden stars of the show in these Paleo egg muffins are the coconut milk and nutritional yeast. They add an amazing layer of creamy, “cheesiness” behind the scenes. Nutritional yeast is a deactivated yeast that adds a delicious flavor of cheese to dishes without adding dairy. It is extremely popular in vegan dishes and products. Although this dish is not vegan, it still adds an incredible flavor that you won’t want to miss!
There are an abundance of veggies included which helps round these muffins out to be a great balanced breakfast option. They’re packed with all the healthy fats to keep you full throughout the morning. That is definitely a required quality for my breakfast choices each morning. My favorite part about the muffins are that they are extremely customizable. If you don’t like chicken sausage, leave it out. Love tomatoes? You can add those in too! The base of this recipe is a great vehicle for you to make your own version of breakfast in the size of a muffin.
“Cheesy” Paleo Egg Muffins (Gf, Df)
- 10 pasture raised eggs I use Vital Farms
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion chopped
- 2 handfuls baby kale
- 2 links chicken sausage I used Applegate brand pre cooked Chicken & Apple sausage
- 1 tbsp avocado oil I use Chosen Foods
- 1 clove garlic
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat a pan with the avocado oil. Add the garlic and onions and saute until translucent. Add in the mushrooms and cook for about 4 minutes. Then, add in the kale and cook until wilted.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack in the eggs and whisk until combined. Add in the coconut milk and nutritional yeast and whisk again. Then, add in the cooked vegetables and chopped chicken sausage links.
- Add salt and pepper to the mix to preference. I used about 1/2 tsp of salt and 1/4 tsp of black pepper, roughly. Make sure everything is mixed together.
- Place the mix into silicone baking liners in a muffin pan and fill the liners about 3/4 of the way. Bake on 400F for 20 minutes. The recipe makes around 15 muffins, so you will have to fill and bake twice. If you want less, half the recipe! This recipe serves two for the week. Enjoy!
To note, I made these using silicone baking liners, which I have linked here. I highly recommend using these as they make clean up so much easier. Anything to help simplify my time in the kitchen is always a win for me.
Let me know if you decide to make the Paleo egg muffins and I would absolutely love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below if you add anything, as I would love to hear how it turns out for you. If you remake it on Instagram, remember to tag me at @matcha_and_margs so I can send the love and support right back. Enjoy 🙂