Quinoa is one of my favorite grains; I love the texture and how versatile it is. My go-to recipe is a jam packed quinoa salad, but I thought it would be fun to switch it up and make some quinoa bites! These are great for on the go eating, for kids and adults alike, etc. They are delicious dipped in a bowl of marinara sauce, alongside more greens, and with lots of fresh basil on top. These are vegetarian, but you could definitely add pepperoni, chicken sausage, or your favorite meaty pizza toppings.
The bites were made with Nature’s Greens Kale Greens. Their pre-washed greens have been amazing to use in my recipes and beyond. I trust all of their products, being that there are no added preservatives or chemicals. They triple wash their greens, which I really appreciate! If you are local to Atlanta, I have found some of their products at Sprouts and Whole Foods. I have another recipe on my blog that I created with their delicious mustard greens; my Chicken Sausage Noodle Soup with Mustard Greens. Click here for the recipe!
In addition, I added olives and onions to the mix; my personal favorite pizza toppings. I used dairy free cheese, but regular cheese would work just as well. I have tested these with little blocks of Miyoko’s vegan mozzarella and they came out awesome. You can definitely get creative here by using your favorite toppings!
Lastly, let me know if you decide to make it and I would absolutely love to hear what you think! If you remake on Instagram, remember to tag me at @matcha_and_margs so I can send the love and support right back. Enjoy!
the quinoa bites:
Quinoa Kale Pizza Bites (Gf, Df)
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/3 cup marinara sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded vegan cheese can use regular as well
- 1/3 cup chopped black olives
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup Nature’s Greens Kale Greens
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Heat avocado oil on medium heat in a pan and add the mushrooms and kale. Sauté them until they are completely cooked.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa, marinara sauce, cheese, eggs, seasonings and cooked veggies. Mix until everything is combined evenly.
- Line a muffin tray and spray each of the muffin tins. Add the mixture evenly into the tins.
- Cook on 400F for 20 minutes and serve with more heated marinara sauce for dipping!
This post has been sponsored by Nature Greens, but all of the opinions and reviews are wholeheartedly my own!