A few months ago I discovered Yellowbird Sauces line of hot sauces and completely fell in love! I love adding spice to almost all of my foods and was excited to find a way to do so with a healthier sauce that reminded me of Sriracha. All of their flavors are amazing, but my two favorites are probably the Habanero and the Blue Agave Sriracha! They’re sweetened with a touch of cane sugar and do not have any weird fillers or ingredients. And you know I love when you are able to find products on Thrive Market! (Click here to see my full blog post of my Thrive Market recommendations, Yellowbird included!).
Although I have been pouring these sauces on a lot of my meals, I thought it would be fun to create a recipe with them. Salmon and tuna cakes are one of my favorite things to make in a pinch when I do not have any food prepped and chances are I have a can of wild caught fish on hand. For this recipe, I used Natural Sea salmon. Their salmon is my favorite canned variety I have tried so far. It tastes so flaky and fresh! This is the perfect recipe to whip up for a quick and easy meal – I find that these can be incorporated into any meal of the day. For example, you can have them for breakfast with eggs on top. Hope you enjoy!
Habanero Salmon Cakes
- 2 5oz cans Natural Sea wild salmon
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper black works well too!
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground flax
- 2 tbsp Yellowbird Habanero Hot Sauce you can use less or more depending on your spice preference
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and make sure that the salmon is broken up into the mixture.
- Roll the entire mix into cakes.
- Cook each cake on a heated pan in avocado oil for around 5 minutes per side or until browned.
- Cook the cakes in batches until they are all complete.