A sheet pan meal is truly one of my favorite hacks in the kitchen for making a quick, easy and healthy meal. This one happens to be my new favorite as it packs in so much flavor by adding a marinade to the ingredients before baking. The marinade is packed with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, coconut aminos, garlic, salt, and pepper and really adds the best flavoring into all of the ingredients. The sweet potatoes, apples, chicken sausage, and broccoli all compliment each other wonderfully as the star ingredients of the dish.
There is a slight sweetness to the dish without a large amount added sugars with the combination of the sweet apple chicken sausage from Al Fresco, honey crisp apples and coconut aminos. Baked apples might just be my new favorite addition to a sheet pan meal, especially when they are paired with sweet potatoes. The beauty of this recipe is that you can be flexible and add your favorite ingredients to the mix; swap regular potatoes for sweet potatoes, add in red onions or bacon. You can also add in a touch of sriracha or red pepper flakes for an extra kick!
This delicious meal is the perfect sheet pan meal to prep at the beginning of the week and keep in your fridge to enjoy all week long. You can enjoy it on its own, or prepare brown rice or quinoa to pair with it. Pro tip: save a little of the marinade or make a little extra to add onto your ingredients each time you eat it. This adds another layer of depth with the delicious flavors.
Sheet Pan Meal Recipe:
Balsamic Dijon Chicken Sausage and Roasted Veggie Sheet Pan Meal
- 1 package Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage 4 links, cut into small pieces
- 1 honey crisp apple chopped
- 1 small head of broccoli cut into florets
- 1 sweet potato chopped
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Make sure all ingredients are chopped. Put the sweet potatoes in a bowl and the chicken sausage, broccoli, and chopped apples into another bowl.
- Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade until combined. Pour some of the marinade over the potatoes and the rest over the chicken sausage, broccoli, and chopped apples. Make sure the marinade makes contact with all of the ingredients.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and put the potatoes on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and add the marinated chicken sausage, broccoli and chopped apples. Pour any remaining dressing over the top of the ingredients.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, remove from the oven and enjoy!
I found the Al Fresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage used in this recipe at my local Publix. They also have a store locator on their website where you can find retailer locations near you. They carry a lot of other flavors as well, but I love the sweetness of the apple and maple syrup in these.
If you decide to make this recipe, definitely let me know your thoughts! I think that this is going to be one of your new favorite weekly rotations as it is such a simple, yet delicious way to pack in so much goodness into one meal. If you make any customizations, I would love to hear how they turn out so that I can share them with others.
This post has been sponsored by Al Fresco, but all of the opinions are wholeheartedly my own. Thank you so much for supporting me and my sponsored content, it truly means a lot! I only affiliate my brand with other brands that align directly with my own. Because of this, I am able to continue sharing mostly free content with all of you. I hope that you enjoy, friends! Remember to tag @matcha_and_margs on Instagram if you make this so that I can send the love and support right back.