It’s holiday season and I have been loving all of the seasonal cookie recipes that have been shared recently. From gingerbread to chocolate peppermint cookies, I have a serious to-do to try them all! Although, rumor on the block is that Santa is really into matcha these days… 🙂
I was so excited to have tried Soar Organics renowned organic matcha powder about a month ago and it has truly lived up to the hype. I’ve been using it in my morning lattes and decided it was time to switch it up and make some cookies! When I first tested this recipe, I almost decided to call them muffin tops because they have such a nice cakey, chewy consistency. Regardless of their name, I can’t get enough of these!
Soar Organics has been nice enough to give me a discount code of ‘matchamargs15’ to give you all a chance to try their matcha. It is non-affiliate; I would never promote a product I did not truly stand behind and love. Because what’s the fun of that?! Beyond the product, I absolutely love the fact that their powders are packaged in 100% recyclable boxes. They put a lot of care and attention towards the sourcing of their product down to the packaging, and those are companies that I stand behind time and time again. They also give a portion of each one of their sales to Canadian Feed the Children to help support a wide variety of communities in Canada.
Naughty or nice, you are sure to love these cookies just as much as Santa will! All with some added antioxidants and L-theanine (helps with stress and relaxation). Happy baking and even happier holidays, friends!
Let me know if you decide to make it and I would absolutely love to hear what you think! If you remake on Instagram, remember to tag me at @matcha_and_margs so I can send the love and support right back. Enjoy!
Paleo Matcha Cookies (Gf, Df)
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp matcha powder I used Soar Organics Everyday Matcha
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- While the oven is preheating, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, matcha, baking powder, and coconut sugar in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk one egg and then add the date syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until the dough forms.
- Roll the dough into small balls and put them on a baking sheet on top of parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes depending on your oven.
This post has been sponsored by Soar Organics, but all of the opinions and reviews are wholeheartedly my own!