The holidays are a beautiful time of year that bring about a lot of family time and traditions. Add one to your family this year with a nice holiday brunch or breakfast before all the festivities begin! I love starting my day with a filling breakfast with healthy fats, and egg bakes are the perfect way to do just that. I made this healthy, dairy free egg bake with a base of pasture raised eggs and added in onions, garlic, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, spinach and so much more! The “cheesiness” comes from the nutritional yeast, and there is also coconut milk which adds a creamy aspect. There is truly no better way to start a busy day in my opinion.
I made this egg bake in my 8×8 Ello Baking Dish which is the perfect vehicle to bake and transport your dishes in. The baking dish is great for potlucks, meal prep and serving at different events and beyond. All of their baking dishes have crystal clear Tritan lids which are airtight and leak proof, so you never have to worry about anything getting messy when transporting your goods this holiday season. The dish keeps your food fresher longer, so you can prep things in advanced to make your holidays a little less hectic. Did I mention they are also dishwasher safe + BPA free?! Head to your local Target to pick one up today! You can also purchase them on their website and pick up a 9×13 Casserole dish as well!
They also sell reusable produce bags which I have been obsessing over lately. They are cute, and more importantly help reduce waste in grocery stores, etc. You can see them pictured below next to the egg bake. They would make for the perfect little stocking stuffer by helping your loved ones reduce their economic footprints this holiday season.
Holiday Egg Bake
- 10 eggs
- 1 pack mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pack spinach about 3-4 handfuls
- 1 pack bacon I use turkey bacon
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Heat a skillet with the avocado oil. Add the garlic and onions and cook until translucent.
- Add in the mushrooms until cooked. After, do the same with the spinach! Turn off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk 10 pasture raised eggs and then add in the coconut milk, nutritional yeast, and seasonings. Add in the cooked vegetables and sun dried tomatoes and stir until everything is combined.
- Grease the 8×8 Ello Baking Dish and add in the egg mixture.
- Put in the oven and bake for ~50 minutes or until all of the eggs are cooked through on top.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days and enjoy!
What I love about this recipe is that it is truly customizable. You can add or take out any vegetables you like or dislike, you can make it vegetarian, add in more meat – the opportunities are endless. If you aren’t dairy free, feel free to add in all of the cheese! Next time, I am definitely adding in feta or goat cheese for an extra creamy touch. Have a lot of family members to feed? Double the recipe and make it in the 9×13 Ello Casserole Dish!
This blog post has been sponsored by Ello, but all opinions and recommendations are wholeheartedly my own! Thank you for your endless support of me and the brands that I choose to align myself with each and every day. It truly means the world to me and I am grateful to have you all here!
If you decide to make the recipe, remember to tag me on Instagram @matcha_and_margs so that I can send the love and support right back to you. Have a very happy holiday season!