Lately, I’ve been obsessing over pasta salads. A lot of my day to day is spent on the go, so I am all about healthy lunch ideas that are easy to transport. I don’t enjoy spending hours in the kitchen when it comes to meal prep, and this recipe could not be easier to whip together. Pasta salads don’t require any additional heating when consuming and they are extremely versatile when it comes to ingredients. They pack in a ton of protein, which is always a plus for me. Mediterranean salads are my absolute favorite, so I thought I’d make them more enticing by adding noodles to the mix! This Greek Pasta is delicious when made with legume-based pasta, which keeps you fuller longer than regular pastas. What’s not to love?!
The olives, cucumbers, and tomatoes come together with the oil and spices to make a delicious, Greek inspired meal. I love to add a lot of arugula to the mix as well. It is my favorite green and adds a really nice flavoring. Being that I have a dairy intolerance, I have not included cheese in this recipe. If you do not need a dairy free recipe, you can absolutely add in some feta! Additionally, some toppings that would be great in this Greek pasta salad include grilled chicken, shrimp, avocado, hemp seeds, etc.
Let me know if you decide to make the Greek pasta salad and I would absolutely love to hear what you think! Leave a comment below if you add anything, as I would love to hear how it turns out for you. If you remake it on Instagram, remember to tag me at @matcha_and_margs so I can send the love and support right back. Enjoy 🙂
Greek Pasta Salad (Gf, Df)
- 1 box gluten free pasta I like using legume based pastas!
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pink Himalayan salt I use Redmond’s Real Salt
- 3.5 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 cup cherry heirloom tomatoes chopped
- 2 Persian cucumbers chopped
- 1 1/2 cups arugula
- Cook the pasta according to the package and strain. Run cold water through the pasta so that it does not stick together.
- Immediately after, add the avocado oil and seasonings to the pasta. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Add in the olives, tomatoes, cucumbers and arugula and mix.
- You can add any additional toppings — would be good with chicken, feta, avocado, hemp seeds, etc. Enjoy!