One of my favorite healthy treats to keep on hand are cleaner re-makes of classic childhood candies. Enter: my super easy, tasty Homemade Vegan Crunch Bars recipe! This take on a classic uses minimal, clean ingredients and has no added refined sugars. You can make a big batch and keep them on hand in the refrigerator or the freezer for those times when your sweet tooth hits. Because when mine hits, it hits hard!
My Vegan Crunch Bars start with a base of organic brown rice cereal. I love the brands Barbara’s Bakery and One Degree Organics! For the chocolate, I love to use Hu Chocolate Gems. They are Paleo, vegan, and have no added refined sugars. They are one of the very few Paleo chocolate chips on the market and they are delicious! You can use the code “cori15” to save on any of their products on their website. Here is the link to the Hu Chocolate Gems that I like to use! Other brands that I like to use are Enjoy Life chocolate chips which are dairy free but not refined sugar free, and Lily’s Sweets, which are completely sugar free and keto.
Homemade Vegan Crunch Bars
- 1 cup brown rice crisps I use Barbara's Bakery or One Degree Organics brands
- 1 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips I use Hu Kitchen Gems
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Use the double burner method to melt the chocolate, vanilla, and coconut oil together until combined. Stir frequently and ensure that the mix does not burn. You can also melt everything together in the microwave in a bowl. Heat everything for 20 seconds at a time and stir. Repeat this until everything is combined well.
- Add the sea salt. Mix the chocolate mixture in a bowl with the brown rice crisps and make sure everything is well combined.
- Cover an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and spread the chocolate cereal mix evenly into a pan with the spatula. Do this gently so that you do not crush the cereal!
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes or until frozen and let it stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into smaller pieces with a sharp knife once cooled and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator or the freezer. Optional: add extra sea salt on top.
Its truly as easy as that! These Vegan Crunch Bars will be sure to please any chocolate or candy lover, and you won’t be able to tell that they are dairy free. One of my favorite ways to eat these is to crunch them all up into mini “Buncha Crunch” like pieces. These used to be my favorite treat to grab at the movie theater, and now they can be enjoyed in a cleaner fashion. You can top them on ice cream, eat them alongside popcorn like I used to, or just eat them plain by the handful.
If you decide to make these, be sure to tag me on Instagram @matcha_and_margs so that I can send the love and support right back! Leave a comment below as well letting me know what you think. Thank you for your support of my blog and page; it never goes unnoticed!